The presentation will address:
– Professional burnout and compassion fatigue
– Toxic effect of legal profession on mental health of a lawyer
– How personal characteristics and attributes of a lawyer impact the practice of law
– Signs of engaging in unhealthy coping behaviors
– Tips on bringing happiness s into your life and becoming a thriving lawyer
Dr. Gershelis is a clinical psychologist and a licensed clinical social worker who has been practicing psychotherapy for over 12 years. She practices at the VA Healthcare System as a senior social worker and also has her own private psychotherapy. Dr. Gershelis is an instructor at University of Phoenix where she facilitates various courses in Psychology and Human Services.
Dr. Gershelis specializes in helping adult individuals to achieve personal growth and develop flexible thinking. In her private practice, she works extensively with professionals in the human services industry (including lawyers) to assist them with becoming effective and productive in their industries while maintaining emotional balance and healthy mental functioning. She also specializes in working with senior adults and their caregivers. One of Dr. Gershelis’ passions is helping people to implement changes in their lives and accomplish their full potential.
11:30 am – CHECK IN AND NETWORKING
12:00 pm – PRESENTATION BEGINS
Location: Leech Tisman Fuscaldo & Lampl
100 CORSON ST, THIRD FLOOR
Pasadena, CA 91103
Please RSVP to Laura Lloyd at firstname.lastname@example.org or 626-796-4000